Skin routine is a process to ensure the skin is clean. The basic routines are to cleanse, exfoliate, moisturize, and use SPF protection. A regular cleansing routine is essential since men have larger pores than can clog easily. Also, men should be sure to use the proper cleanser for their skin type, which is typically more oily due to having high levels of the androgen hormone levels.
Good skin care is important for the following reasons: It helps your skin stay in good condition: You’re shedding skin cells throughout the day, so it’s important to keep your skin glowing and in good condition. An effective routine can help prevent acne, treat wrinkles, and help keep your skin looking its best. The following skincare routine is followed daily and when traveling.
Even if your skin is glowing and beautiful today, there is no guarantee that will be the case tomorrow. This is because your skin cells are shedding daily. The skin revealed in the future can be dull and full of imperfections unless you are utilizing a proper skincare routine. Those who take the time to wash their face in the morning and at night are more likely to be making healthy choices throughout their day. Skincare can be combined with thorough oral care and hair care routine. Doing all of these things may help motivate you to eat better and exercise as well.
Every morning, I start my day by doing the following step, even more, when I am traveling:
- Brush your teeth: I use the Fairywill PRO Electric Toothbrush with toothpaste (Colgate) and mouth wash (Listerine – Mouthwash Mint).
- Wash your face: I wash my face with lukewarm water (my preference). My cleanser of choice is PC4Men Face Wash because it does not dry my skin. This unscented facial cleanser goes hard on dirt & sweat but easy on the skin, leaving my face & pores clean but never tight or dry.
- Apply Sunblock: Do not FORGET the sunblock. I use Paula’s Choice Resist Skin Restoring Moisturizer SPF 50. I like that it serves as a moisturizer and sunblock protection. This item protects my face & neck from sun damage while providing me with moisture & antioxidants.
The following are “If scenarios,” meaning that if applicable, you can perform the following:
- Face Wipes: I use Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets when I am outside for a long time, and I notice shininess.
- Lip Balm: I tend to have chapped lips during the “cold season,” so I use the MOOD CBD-infused Lip Balm from American Eagle.
Late – Afternoon Routine
- Afternoon Shaving before shower– I shave Mondays and Fridays in the afternoon (to ensure that I have a fresh face to exfoliate in the evening). I shave using Philips Norelco MG3750, which does not irritate and allows me to shave and take a shower quickly. Please read my post regarding Electric Face/Body Trimmers for Men if you want to read more about trimming and grooming. Twice a week, I tend also to cut my hair (I use 9mm, so it’s easy). I use the Ceenwes cordless hair clippers. I am sharing because its part of my routine because when I was a teenager, if I let my hair grow, I would gent pimples, and if I put gel, my pores would clog, so I cut my hair short and do not use any product on my hair, other than Brickell’s 3 in 1 Body Wash Gel for men.
- Face Wash: PC4Men Face Wash is used again as I take showers around 7 PM.
- Exfoliating: On Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, I use the Paula’s Choice–SKIN PERFECTING 2% BHA Liquid Salicylic Acid Exfoliant with a washable cloth.
- Wash your face: At this point, it is probably 9-10 PM, so I add lukewarm water to my face.
- Rejuvenate / Treatment: I began using Paula’s Choice Skin Recovery Super Antioxidant Serum with Retinol. This treatment is formulated to smooth and soften the skin while lessening the visible effects of aging on the face and neck. From here, I will aider go back to moisturizer or end my skincare routine.
- Brush your Teeth: I use the Fairywill PRO Electric Toothbrush with toothpaste (Colgate) and mouth wash (Listerine – Mouthwash Mint). At this point, I am getting ready to go to bed. I hope you have enjoyed my skincare routine.